Friday, March 4, 2011

Mid-Term (projects)

We are now back from our mid term and back into hard work because we have about 3 projects to do and I haven't even started. I am in a group with Niamh O'Reilly so we have to both get information about New Zealand because that was the country that we had picked. In Art we had to pick an artist or sculptor that was from New Zealand, we planned on getting like an A3 piece of paper and putting pictures and biography of both an artist and sculptor. It turned out ok because we descussed it on Monday when we got back from Mid- Term and on the Tuesday we got the information and the paper. We had a double Technology class and our teacher Mr. W was out and we had a sub so we did our project in that class by sticking things on to it and including a lot of pictures. Turns out we got our Art project all done in that class and at break we just went into the art room to leave the poster there. We both felt great because that was one of our projects out of the way, now it was onto the other two. Our Home Economics project was the hardest because we had to have so much information in it, unlike the art one where we just had pictures. Niamh got information about the food that people from New Zealand eat and the history and I did like climate and geography. I think it was about Friday that we actually had all of our information on New Zealand and we put it together into a folder and gave it to our teacher Ms. Mc A in Home Ec. Great, now that's two of our projects out of the way and finished. And the last project I'm on my own because it's the end of year history project where we can literally choose any topic from any time in history, let it be the reformation or WW2. I have chosen to do my project on the London Blitz (1940- 1941). It should be a fun topic because I have a real interest in history and no one else is doing this topic. The project doesn't have to be given in until like May so I've got months. But I better get started because the project needs to be about 5 pages long and should include NO pictures. I was really sad about that because every project I do, let it be art or english I always include a picture even if it's small. I plan on not just doing it the lazy way by getting information on the internet, but I'm going to go to the library in the next few weeks to take out some books on the Blitz.

No comments:

Post a Comment