Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Transition Year Experience.

There is only like 2 weeks left in school, so that means TY is nearly over :( There is so much I want to say about TY, it has just been such an amazing year for me and my life will never be the same again. If we had our way I'm sure most people would do TY again. TY was definitely an experience, one I'll never forget. Throughout the year i have tried things that I would never even dream of doing, I learned a lot this year and we did a lot more work then any other year in the school! Some things that I have learned and done in TY has changed my perspective about where I want to take my life and what I want to do.
Since the year started I thought from the very beginning that TY was just amazing, even though I got stressed at the end because of the projects which I sort of expected, it has been the best year of my life! I finally know what I want to be when I'm older thanks to my work experiences. But it can be hard in a working environment and I think it's fair to say that I'm ready :)
Ever since the start of the year Mrs. L kept telling us to be blogging about our TY experience and now I know why. When we leave school and in years to come when I think about my school days, I can always just come on to this and read all about it because to me it's not just a blog, it's my memories.
Mrs. L has just been amazing and I want to thank her for all the opportunities that she has given us and she has helped me so much. I was on the fence for so long in 3rd year about whether I should do TY and now I am so glad I did. If I didn't I would be studying to sit my Leaving Cert. whereas in TY we sort of had a year off from the hectic studies and got to learn new skills. Right from the very start Mrs. L has helped me achieve great things and she doesn't just treat us as students because we were all friends in TY even though there was some rivalry going on between Amina and Emnet :) Without Ement we would be nothing.
Throughout the year I have made new friends and I just know we will be friends forever thanks to TY for the tasks put in front of us. I have done so many things in TY and I just can't put them down because they were just amazing, like Carlingford, I mean before that I wouldn't even dream about hiking up mountains but I did. I can take all of these memories with me thanks to Mrs. L and to all the other teachers who pushed us for the entire year to do the best of our ability. Without them we wouldn't have all this knowledge, I always thought that teachers taught because they had to but know I know it's because they want to and I admire them for that. Cheers Guys :)
I will keep all of my TY experience in my mind and on my blog forever and I wish every year in school was like TY because it is just a once in a life time experience.
Amina and Emnet on La Glas.
Beady Bits Mini-Company

Amina on La Glas.

Class Amina meeting Oisin MGann.

No comments:

Post a Comment