Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Croke Park

Yesterday all of the Ty's were brought to Croke Park, the home of Irish sport. We went to school and did schoolwork until like 12pm and then we got on a bus and about 30 mins later we arrived at the stadium. I was there before with my family so it was nice coming back. The first thing we did was watch like a 20 minute clip of preparations that are made before a big match of either, hurling, Gaelic football or camogie. It was really interesting and just to see the amount of effort and the people that take part in making the match a safe environment for the players and the public. I learned that so much goes into a match and they don't do any of the work lying down. After that we were brought on like a tour around the stadium, so we went out to the edge of the pitch, we weren't allowed on it because there is like pipes underneath it to make it grow and stuff. :D We were also brought to the players changing rooms and the place where they go after matches. It was really fun and we learned a lot about who founded the GAA. I thought it was better to be brought somewhere and actually see the place rather than just reading it out of a book. The tour guide explained everything so well so we understood everything, the teachers seemed impressed because we actually enjoyed learning :D Ms McG and Ms McH were the teachers that came with us and they seemed to really enjoy it too. I asked them whether or not they had been before and Ms McG said that she saw U2 and Take That there once but never to see a match. They were with us the whole time so they learned things aswell, because I even overheard them talking and one of them said "Did you know that?, I didn't know that" (that's rich coming from a teacher)! Later on we were brought to the very top of the stadium, the highest seats in the whole place...... NEVER AGAIN!!! Walking up, you couldn't see but when you turned around you felt physically sick, because you were up so high, I didn't mind it but it was just so steep that made me really nervous about tripping. We were able to have about 20 mins to go around the interactive part of the museum, I didn't though all I could think about was getting food. Food was D-lish! I will definitelly be going there again no matter what the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment